Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Love Letters from Ludwig Van Beethoven


To the Immortal Beloved, good morning…
Though still in bed my thoughts go out to you, my Immortal Beloved, now and then joyfully, then sadly, waiting to learn whether or not fate will hear us.
I can live wholly with you or not at all - yes, I am resolved to wander so long away from you until, I can fly to your arms and say that I am really at home, send my soul enwrapped in you in the land of spirits.

Yes, unhappily it must be so, you will be the more resolved since you know my fidelity to you, no one can ever again possess my heart- none-never-
Oh, God!
why is it necessary to part from one whom one so loves and yet my life in W. (Vienna) is now a wretched life, your love makes me at once the happiest and the
unhappiest of men at my age, I need a steady, quiet life, can that be under our condition?
My angel, I have just been told that the mail coach goes every day and
I must close at once so that you may receive the L. at once. Be calm, only by a clam consideration of our existence can we achieve our purpose to live together,
be calm, and love me, today, yesterday, what tearful longings for you, you, you, my life, my all, and farewell

Oh… continue to love me; never misjudge the most faithful
heart of your beloved L.
ever thine
ever mine
ever for each other
Ludwig Van Beethoven

No comments: